[Fontconfig] Help: fonts disappeared when moving from XFree86 to XOrg

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Fri Jan 7 12:38:23 EST 2005

My comment about OpenOffice.org is that its font support is weird,
and its bug reporting process barely better than commercial software.

Rant aside, the "Nimbus Roman No9 L" font is a Postscript Type 1
font, not Speedo. Perhaps you could try making sure the Type 1
font directories are on your font path.

Otherwise you could try to run spadmin and add the fonts; you *may*
need to be root to do this. You'll need the .afm files to be in the
same directory as the .pfb file, but it should work (provided that
spadmin allows you to add fonts). However, sometimes spadmin and the
rest of OpenOffice.org will disagree on what the font names are, in
which case you'll need to go back to spadmin and try fixing the font
names (sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't work, YMMV).