[Fontconfig] Ignoring bitmap fonts by default

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at farsiweb.info
Mon Jan 31 01:59:40 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 09:09, Keith Packard wrote:
> The local.conf file included in fontconfig 2.2.99 has a <selectfont>
> element which disables all bitmap fonts.
>
> Is this a good idea for a default?

I believe it is. Bitmap fonts are considered very bad for any "complex"
scripts, and since fontconfig doesn't handle the cases of fonts that
claim to support complex scripts but don't have the required additional
tables yet, ignoring the bitmap fonts (which are the majority of such
fonts) by default could be considered a workaround until the bug is
fixed/the feature is implemented.

roozbeh