[Fontconfig] monospaced fonts and combining characters: fontconfig bug?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 14 02:21:53 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 17:12 +0200, Mike FABIAN wrote:

> Probably fontconfig should ignore all combining characters when
> checking whether a font is monospaced.

Yeah, probably. Is there a compact representation for all of the
combining characters? Or should we just permit advances of 0 for any
character? The latter would be far easier, and would follow the method
used to identify dual-spaced fonts, while the former might avoid
mis-identifying some broken fonts.

-keith