[Fontconfig] [patch]: mmapping FontConfig data structures

syfou at users.sourceforge.net syfou at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 10 13:49:44 EST 2005

> 1)	What happens if you can't mmap the cache files at the
> 	necessary address?

It just get ignored.

> 2)	Different users have different sets of font
> 	directories. Does this patch support that?

Yes, indirectly. What it does is that it takes a snapshot of the FcFontSet
* fonts from the config; via the fc-mmap program, one can pass the -s flag
to specify if one wants to take a snapshot excluding the user-part of
the configuration or not. No definitive choice have been made up to now
by Patrick on how the mmap files should be named or placed on disk,
depending of their content.

> 3)	What about the new <selectfont> elements? These may
> 	also vary for different users.

I think answer for #2 holds, but I should check it out. I am writing a
very similar patch, fixing a few issues I still have... I will post it
here too. Regards,

--
Sylvain <syfou at users.sourceforge.net>

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
 		-- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS