[Fontconfig] Re: How to disable the "global advance" for CJK fonts?

Xie Qian xieqian02 at iscas.cn
Thu Jun 30 17:29:09 EST 2005

Hi there,

Just trying to clear my confusion. In original mail, the modification of
fonts.conf shows an edit clause on "globaladvance" with  binding="strong". I
don't know what effect will the strong-binding bring. I dug source codes of
fontconfig some time ago, AFAIK, strong-binding only make family name
priorer than lang. Is things changed a lot?

Thanks for any hint.

Xie Qian

Open System and Chinese Information Processing Center,
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O. Box 8718, Beijing 100080, CHINA