[Fontconfig] 2.3.0 release?

John Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Wed Mar 2 02:56:21 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 07:14:29AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> It's a bit more complicated than that, FcInit loads all of the font
> information, and so sharing all of that will require re-working the
> current cache architecture.  I plan on doing that work within the 2.4
> development period.

So, speaking of that, what is left for a 2.3.0 release and what are the
current release plans?  AFAICT, 2.2.99 is strictly superior to the 2.2
branch, and fixes quite a few nasty bugs.  However, several distributions
generally deprecate shipping development versions, so it would be nice
to have a 2.3.0 release.

Oh, and cheers for the conf.d stuff that just got in CVS, much appreciated.

John Thacker