[Fontconfig] Errors with installing fontconfig 2.3.2

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun May 1 02:57:03 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 17:49 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:

> Thanks, Keith. From what you say, should I draw the conclusion that
> there is no solution? Is it developers of Mandrake's responsibility?

Well, there is a solution, it's just not something we can fix in
fontconfig CVS.  You'll need to get the RPM fixed somehow.

You can probably install fontconfig from the tarball available from
http://fontconfig.org/release as long as you pass the right options to
the configure script to match your directory heirarchy.  The line in the
INSTALL file should be close; that's what I use on my Debian system.

-keith