[Fontconfig] Re: fc-cache sometimes looses fonts

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Nov 1 06:22:36 EST 2005

Patrick> I think it's one per directory; after all, all fonts in the
Patrick> same directory have the same pathname!

Somehow as I was writing that missive I was thinking that the string
passed to open(2) would have to remain around.  Obviously it can be
free(2)d, so that isn't really an issue.

Patrick> FcPattern contains a 'bank' field which will tell you about
Patrick> the directory, and then I just set up a hash table or
Patrick> something which returns the pathname of that directory.  How
Patrick> does that sound?

For new code that does seem right, but how does that work for existing
code?  Will the lib need to bump it's version number?  It would be
cool if it would work with existing pango apps.  And w/o having to
recompile the whole system....

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>