[Fontconfig] Re: fc-cache sometimes looses fonts

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 1 08:51:20 EST 2005

James Cloos wrote:

> Patrick> I think it's one per directory; after all, all fonts in the
> Patrick> same directory have the same pathname!
>
> Somehow as I was writing that missive I was thinking that the string
> passed to open(2) would have to remain around.  Obviously it can be
> free(2)d, so that isn't really an issue.

However, every time you ask for the font filename, you're going to have
to create a copy of that filename and keep it around.  I can't think of
a way to avoid that, unfortunately; embedding a pointer to the filename
in the FcPattern and destroying it in FcPatternDestroy is probably least
bad.

pat