[Fontconfig] Configuration file for Persian fonts

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 2 07:47:26 PST 2005

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few months ago I spent some time figuring out how fontconfig
> works and to write a configuration file for Persian fonts.
>
> The most confusing part I found was the change in the DTD, namely
> the accept/reject lists, and the change form size to pixelsize,
> or is it a change in another library that has been triggering me?
>
> Anyway, I have attached my config file for review.  It basically
> tries to handle transliteration variants of all Persian family
> names, but doesn't support native names yet.
>
> I'm interested in getting feedback on how the default config of
> other scripts is supposed to look like.  Should it be in a
> separate file, or simply list the families in fonts.conf, like
> some are already listed.  Etc.

Hi Behdad,

I noticed that this config file seems to have fallen into the bit
bucket.  It seems to me that putting it in conf.d seems to be the right
thing; would you like me to commit it there?  Or do you want to finish
it up?

pat