[Fontconfig] Interface identification for the LSB

Pradosh Adoni pradosh.adoni at codito.com
Mon Oct 24 22:42:02 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 11:30 -0400, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 14:37 +0530, Pradosh Adoni wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Since fontconfig is being considered for inclusion into the LSB , the
> > LSB needs to standardize on the interfaces that need to be added.
> > General practice to include libraries has been to  drop interfaces that
> > are either not very widely used or may be deprecated in future versions.
> >
> > Working towards the 2.4 release, are there going to be any ABI changes ?
> > Could someone suggest which interfaces may be dropped (if at all) ?
>
> I don't think there are any proposed ABI changes for 2.4 at all, and
> certainly no interfaces that are scheduled for deletion.
> -keith

Hi Pat,Keith
Thanks for the reply !

We also need some kind of info on the existing interfaces.
As per the documentation fontconfig is split into configuration and font
matching modules.Does it make sense to include both the said modules as
a standard ?
Am I right in understanding that the configuration API is hidden from
application developers.?, (in which case you wouldn't need them to be
standardised)

Thanks in advance...

-- pradosh
P.S.  pardon the ignorance.