[Fontconfig] Re: fc-cache sometimes looses fonts

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 31 17:02:21 EST 2005

Mike FABIAN wrote:

>>>As cache files are per-directory, you need only store the local filename
>>>itself.
>>
>>I've just committed this patch.  Let me know if you see any problems
>>with it.  It ought to fix JimC's issue, but not the more general
>>losing-fonts issue.

I've reverted this patch, as it breaks fontconfig-using applications
(the ones that subsequently use Pango to fetch fonts).  I'm not sure
what the correct solution is, but stripping basenames isn't it...  I
guess that I have to put full pathnames, but I don't know how to get
canonical full pathnames.  Anyone?

pat