[Fontconfig] robustness of the mmap cache branch

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Sep 10 04:06:39 EST 2005

Patrick> Doesn't `fc-list : file family' do what you want?

Hmm.  Missed that.  But that doesn't work in the case where the
directory in question isn't currently in the list of <dir/>s.
I have several that are not listed in the fonts.conf files except
when I need said family for something specific.  (I especially find
that type1 fonts -- as opposed to otf (sfnt/cff) and ttf (sfnt/glyf)
fonts -- are more bothersome than helpful when left in full time.)

Patrick> The fonts.cache-2 file doesn't quite contain all of the
Patrick> information in the fonts.cache-1 file (I don't think I have
Patrick> file times), but I could generate most of the information
Patrick> there, if you think it would be useful.

I don't see a filetime in the cache-1 files.  Unless the 2nd column is
atime?  I have this in mine:

"filename" 0 "fontname"

where fontname is:

basename:style:slant:weight:width:foundry:index:outline:scalable:charset:lang:fontversion:capability:fontformat

and am currently running w/ noatime.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>