[Fontconfig] mmap branch vs gnome-terminal

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 23 06:50:22 EST 2005

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Ok, I poked some more at this, and it seems to be a problem with
> FcNameRegisterObjectTypes() and/ or FcNameGetObjectType(). What is
> happening is that Xft calls FcNameRegisterObjectTypes() to register some
> additional names, "render" being the third one. There seems to be some
> confusion wrt to the assignment of ids to the registered strings, at
> least we end up with "render" from the Xft strings getting id 2, which
> is the same id as "style" from the FC registered strings got. This has
> then the effect that setting "render" to TRUE sets "style" instead,
> which is bad, since "style" is not a boolean...

Thanks a lot!  I've committed a fix to this problem now, and
gnome-font-properties works for me.  I suppose I should have guessed
that people might actually use FcNameRegisterObjectTypes.

Now that gnome-terminal and gnome-font-properties work, I think it
should be safe to make a development release, hopefully tonight, after
looking at Behdad's patch.

pat