[Fontconfig] Re: Mathias Hasselmann's libxml2 patch

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 25 11:31:17 EST 2005

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 14:42 +0200, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
>
>>Am Samstag, den 24.09.2005, 07:48 -0400 schrieb Patrick Lam:
>>
>>>I don't have a lot of configure-fu, but it would be at least good if
>>>configure could deal with the possibility of only one of expat and
>>>libxml2 being installed and do the right thing.  Is that possible?
>>
>>Could do that quite quickly. Only question to resolve: Which one to
>>choose, if both exist and no option was specified? Based on Keith's
>>statements I guess, expat should stay as default?
>
> I think for now we should leave expat as the default, and allow the
> configure script to override this option. At some point, it might make
> sense to switch the default.

Ok.  Mathias, if you create a patch that uses expat as the default and
uses libxml2 if configure says so or if expat is not present, I'll
commit it to the 2_4 branch and make a dev release.

pat