[Fontconfig] Why do asian fonts contain greek glyphs?

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 29 03:43:11 EST 2005

Hi

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:20:38 -0400
John Thacker <thacker at math.cornell.edu> wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:59:26AM +0900, mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:
>> But Unicode.org didn't assign special code points for them, so it's
>> a bit difficult to exclude fixed-fullwidth-Greek/Cyrillic in Asian
>> fonts automatically. Some intelligent mechanism might be required to
>> do that.
>
>It is, however, merely a symptom of a larger problem that's been discussed
>before.

Can I access previous discussion about the issue?
Recently, there was similar discussion about CJK Unified Ideograph
in gtk-i18n-list

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2005-August/msg00059.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2005-September/msg00000.html

But I think the problem is underestimated in the discussion.

Regards,
mpsuzuki