[Fontconfig] The cache fontconfig directory

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 5 21:43:29 PDT 2006

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Patrick Lam wrote:
>

>>You have found a bug in fontconfig in that make install fails if it
>>can't make the {localstatedir}/fontconfig directory.  I don't know how
>>to fix that bug, but I'd welcome patches.  You just need to find the
>>line where it creates the directory and add a -; the complication is
>>that we go through automake, etc.
>

> [behdad at home fontconfig-2_4_branch]$ grep pkgcache `find -name Makefile.am`
> ./fc-cache/Makefile.am:AM_CPPFLAGS = -DPKGCACHEDIR='"${pkgcachedir}"'
> ./fc-cache/Makefile.am: $(mkinstalldirs) "$(DESTDIR)$(pkgcachedir)"
> ./fc-cache/Makefile.am: $(RM) -rf "$(DESTDIR)$(pkgcachedir)"
> ./fc-cat/Makefile.am:AM_CPPFLAGS = -DPKGCACHEDIR='"${pkgcachedir}"'
> ./src/Makefile.am:AM_CPPFLAGS = -DPKGCACHEDIR='"${pkgcachedir}"'
>
> Seems like all you need is to protect the RM command against
> failures.

I think that I also need to fix $mkinstalldirs, because Quanah was
having trouble by not being able to create that directory.  In any case,
I've committed -s to both of those lines; let's see if that works.

pat