[Fontconfig] Preliminary changes along proposed line

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Aug 27 23:45:14 PDT 2006

I've pushed a branch fc-2_4-keithp into the repository which has all of
the proposed changes implemented:

 No more giant global cache file; per-directory caches are updated
dynamically as directories changes.

 The cache filenames now include an architecture suffix which is
detected at build time using the existing architecture signature
mechanism (fixed to allow for larger page sizes). As a result, all of
the multiple architecture support in each cache file has been removed.

 All other directory normalization has been removed. Yet to be added is
a simple recursion counter to detect looping directory structures.

 Also yet to be fixed is FcMatch -- the faster version doesn't compute
the right value in many cases; I'm not sure how I can fix that easily,
it may be necessary to just revert to the old algorithm for 2.4.

keith.packard at intel.com