[Fontconfig] system font with KDE

Doug angel03 at charter.net
Thu Jan 5 06:24:48 PST 2006

I'm using Mandrake 10.1 and its included KDE.    What I call the "system
fonts" are so small I can't read them.

Example of what I mean by system fonts:  This email is being composed
with Mozilla Messenger.  I've got the top window label and the text you
are reading set large enough (18pt I think) to be readily readable.  But
the tool bar labels, icon labels, from:, to:; subject:; and, formatting
tool bar variables are in this microscopic font.  This phenomena occures
is Pan as well.

I am a recent ms windows convert; I am ignorant of the command line and
Linux file system.  Will someone offer _detailed_ instructions to
increase the "system fonts"?

Thank you, Doug Siddens