[Fontconfig] Question about FcFontSetSort code

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jan 12 14:07:03 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:49 -0800, Jay Hobson wrote:
> I'm looking at the FcFontSetSort code in fcmatch.c, line 893
> in 2.3.93:
>
>  if (nodeps[f]->score[MATCH_LANG_INDEX] < nPatternLang)
>
> Isn't this an apples to oranges comparison?

I'm trying to remember what this does; my recollection is that this
comparison allows for exact matches among any of the requested languages
to be equivalent to an exact match for the first language; note that
scores are increased by one each time the match is further along in the
pattern.

This means that a pattern of the form 'en,ja' will exactly match a 'ja'
font.

I don't exactly recall the details though. I do know that locales on
essentially all other systems are of a similar form though, so any
issues you're seeing on Solaris should be present on Linux, BSD and
other systems.

keith.packard at intel.com