[Fontconfig] Re: fix for unaligned accesses

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 25 09:51:19 PST 2006

Quoting Mike FABIAN <mfabian at suse.de>:

> I made a new function FcConfigAddFontDirSubdirs (config, dir) which
> adds all sub directories of "dir" to the list of font directories in
> "config".
>
> Using this function in FcInitLoadConfig () then makes FcInitLoadConfig ()
> initialize the list of font directories correctly without having
> to resort to the expensive FcInitLoadConfigAndFonts () function.

Hmm, I suspect that this might be too slow on a system with a lot of fonts,
because it's going to have to scan all of the font directories.  I'm going to
try to patch FcConfigNormalizeFontDir to do a scan if it actually needs to; I
think that should limit the hit in performance to the cases where it actually
has to do the scan.

pat