[Fontconfig] iconv keeps fc-2.3.93 from compiling

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Wed Mar 1 03:55:35 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 02:40 -0800, will wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am unable to compile fontconfig-2.3.93.
>
> I have libiconv 1.9.1-i586-4vl5 installed, as well as glibc 2.3.4.
>
> My system is:
> Dell Inspiron 5100
> Vector Linux SOHO 5.1
> 2.8GHz P4
> ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility ( 64MB )
> 768MB RAM
>
> fontconfig-2.2.96 compiles and installs fine.

It's just a mistake to put libiconv onto a system with a GLibc from the
last 5 years. You need to delete all traces of it off your system,
or all sorts of things will break in weird ways.

(The problem looks like fontconfig included iconv.h from libiconv
rather than the correct system iconv.h, but wasn't linked with the
libiconv -liconv.)

					Owen