[Fontconfig] possible bug in FcCharSetForLang

Egmont Koblinger egmont at uhulinux.hu
Thu Mar 2 12:01:39 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:35:46PM -0500, Patrick Lam wrote:
> Egmont Koblinger wrote:
> > Currently it returns a pointer to a memory segment that is (I don't know)
> > most likely either uninitialized or contains terminating null elements,
> > since i is guaranteed to equal to NUM_LANG_CHAR_SET, furthermore country has
> > no real integer meaning, it's basically just a boolean (either -1 or not)
> > and the first "if (country == -1)" testing makes no sense either.
> >
> > I guess it was rather intended to return the first charset for which the
> > language at least partially (same lang but different country) matches, which
> > is remembered in country.
>
> That is suspicious.  Does it fix your problem if you return
> &fcLangCharSets[country].charset?

No. I thought it would. My happiness lasted for half minute, but then I was
disappointed to see that it doesn't fix it. :-( That code segment is not
executed when I start vte or gnome-terminal.

That's why I sent two separate mails, one about this "I don't know what it
fixes" fix :), and another one with my (yet unsolved) "LANG=hu_HU vte"
problem.

--
Egmont