[Fontconfig] Please check out my fontconfig XML file

Charles A. Landemaine landemaine at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 05:00:28 PST 2006

To all Unix users, I'd like to ask you if you could test my fontconfig XML file.
If so you need X.org/XFree86 (KDE/Gnome/XFCE, etc...). You need to
have the Microsoft fonts installed (AKA webcore or webfonts) that
Microsoft released for free a few years back.

Then, you need to copy this file:
http://www.auriance.com/docs/pcbsd/fonts/local.conf into this
directory:

 - On FreeBSD: /usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/
 - On Linux: /etc/fonts/

Then you need to remove this file (if you have one):
/home/<username>/.fonts.conf

Choose "sans-serif", "monospace" and "serif" accordingly as default
for your desktop in KDE or Gnome.

Log out and relog in to your desktop environment. Fonts should look
just like on Windows. There are some browsers such as Opera on Linux,
Konqueror that display fonts perfectly, just as on Windows:

http://www.auriance.com/docs/pcbsd/fonts/ms-fonts.png

Please let me know what you think about it. I'd like some feedback. We
developped this for PC-BSD (www.pcbsd.org), a free operating system
based on FreeBSD.

Thanks,

--