[Fontconfig] Installing BDF fonts using fc-cache

Dheeraj V.S. dheerajvs at huawei.com
Tue Oct 10 22:35:15 PDT 2006

<mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:05:02 +0530
> "Dheeraj V.S." <dheerajvs at huawei.com> wrote:
>> But the same procedure failed in the case of BDF fonts:
>> dheeraj at linux:> ./fc-cache -vf ~/fonts/
>>./fc-cache: "/home/dheeraj/fonts": caching, 0 fonts, 0 dirs
>> I get the same result even after converting the font to PCF using
>> `bdftopcf'. Any inputs are appreciated.

I got some inputs for my problem from:
http://moscova.inria.fr/~zappa/software/doc/bdfdriver.txt

In freetype, I had to add the following line to the file
   freetype2/include/freetype/config/ftmodule.h:
        FT_USE_MODULE(bdf_driver_class)

Now fc-cache is able to create the cache files for BDF fonts.
But my GTK application is unable to display any text.

> Please give concrete example font file to reproduce the problem.
I'm using the fonts available at:
http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2002-08/att-0052/02-font
s.zip

Thanks,