[Fontconfig] Installing BDF fonts using fc-cache

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 13 23:31:51 PDT 2006

Hi,

Sorry for lated response.

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:45:47 +0530
"Dheeraj V.S." <dheerajvs at huawei.com> wrote:
>> I think I should ask this for first. You mean the GTK applications
>> cannot render any text at all and you see just blank space?
>Yes, I see only blank spaces.
>
>> If so,
>> what fonts you've installed? Only BDF/PCF fonts?
>Only those bdf fonts are installed. The ones at:
>http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2002-08/att-0052/02-fonts.zip

I tested environment:
	glib-2.12.4
	atk-1.12.3
	pango-1.14.6
	gtk+-2.10.6

and tea-14.2.4 http://sourceforge.net/projects/tea-editor

Although I'm still using legacy fontconfig-2.2.4,
I could display text with BDF-only environment.

See attached fonts.cache-1 of me. fc-list returns following result:
	$ fc-list -v
	Fixed:style=Bold SemiCondensed
	Fixed:style=SemiCondensed
	Fixed:style=Regular

The fontmenu of tea shows attached screenshot. I guess Fixed is
only real entry and Monospace, Sans, Serif might be synthesized
entries which is aliased to Fixed (In fact, Monospace/Sans/Serif
shows same glyph with Fixed). Anyway, as you can see, texts are
shown with installed BDF fonts.

Regards,
mpsuzuki