[Fontconfig] bug status for 2.4 release

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Sep 2 13:33:26 PDT 2006

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

Keith> I suggest moving the actual reference to the user config file
Keith> into conf.d/50-user.conf and renumbering the existing config
Keith> files so they lie in proper relation to the user config file
Keith> numerically.

local.conf should probably also be done that way, then, too.

Keith> A report where fontconfig is hanging while scanning unknown
Keith> fonts.

I've seen some such crashes which were dependent on the version of
freetype in use.  MultiMaster fonts, particularly, caused problems for
one client.  I *think* current freetype does not cause that problem,
though I'm not certain that fc/xft will do the right thing when asked
to use an MM font at a given set of weight/width settings.  Or maybe
it was only fc-match that didn't.  In any case I ended up recommending
not to bother with the MM fonts for anything other than TeX....

I can't find the other fonts which I had troubles with.  Either they
are no longer a problem or I dumped them someplace other than my usual
dumping ground of /var/preserve....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0xED7DAEA6