[Fontconfig] Condensed generic ?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Sep 26 00:51:28 PDT 2006

Le Lun 25 septembre 2006 17:38, Keith Packard a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 11:28 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> monospacing is a characteristic of a face though, you can't take a face
> designed for normal proportional spacing and 'monospace it', while a
> face can easily be 'condensed'.

However, this is a software technical view, from the users point of view
being condensed is as much a characteristic as being monospace.

Just as some uses call specifically for monospace fonts, others call for
condensed fonts. I'd agree with you if the apps presented condensed as
just another variation like bold or italic

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot