[Fontconfig] Installing fonts

Thomas Worthington fontconfig at tww.cx
Tue Apr 10 11:22:30 PDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:01:08 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le mardi 10 avril 2007 à 17:50 +0100, Thomas Worthington a écrit :
>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:43:40 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
>> <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > ask on #dejavu, the folks there are pretty knowledgeable about the
>> apps
>> > that fail to digest their fonts
>> >

>> So, you don't personally know of any apps which work correctly on common
>> fonts such as Eurostile, Helvetica, and Frutiger? Is that right?
>
> I'm not interested enough in this problem to remember which apps work
> and which do not.

I'm not asking for a list of all applications divided into those which
work and which do not; I'm asking for a single example of a program which
uses fontconfig and does not stumble over common everyday fonts.

> I'm interested enough to have tried to understand why
> it happens, and remembered the answer, but that's about it.

Your answer was to claim that all bugs in font handling are at the app
level; when asked for any evidence of that, all you do is shrug your
shoulders and say you're not interested enough to explain yourself. Either
you know from using applications that correctly handle fonts that it is
not the fault of fontconfig, or you do not know where the problem lies. If
it's the former then why not say?

Thomas