[Fontconfig] Changing the default sans font - only for a certain language

Tomer Haimovich tomer.ha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 05:02:53 PDT 2007

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure fontconfig to prefer one font for a certain
language, and another font for a second language?

For example, I'd like to use the DejaVu Sans font as my primary English
sans-serif font, and Arial as my Hebrew sans-serif font. When a control
needs to display English & Hebrew text, I want it to display the English
part using DejaVu and the Hebrew part using Arial.

How should I configure my local.conf file for this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Tomer