[Fontconfig] Changing the default sans font - only for a certain language

Tomer Haimovich tomer.ha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:04:34 PDT 2007

That's a bit sad. I am an Ubuntu user who recently upgraded to version 7.04.
After the upgrade, my Hebrew fonts were changed to something barely
readable. The English fonts however, are still the same.

Having a way to define Arial as my primary Hebrew font, yet preserving
DejaVu Sans as my primary English font, would simply save me from becoming
insane. Instead, I've been reading fontconfig and pango and whatever not man
pages, trying to figure out what has changed and why.