[Fontconfig] Build problems because xftp.pc data is missing

lutz_mader at freenet.de lutz_mader at freenet.de
Fri Aug 24 03:04:05 PDT 2007

Hi all folks,
I try to use libXft 2.1.12 with my Mac (OS X 10.4.8) and get no problems in general,
but some other packages get some trouble because, "pkg-config xft --cflags" is used to get more/detail information about libXft.
With libXft 2.1.7 I got lot's of information, but with 2.1.12 I got onle some.

My question,
is the xft.pc.in file correct, after a look to xftp-config.in I thing some useful lines are deleted.
Today I use the old xft.pc.in (from 2.1.7) and every thing works well, I thing, but don't know.

xft.pc.in from 2.1.7 -> 2.1.12
prefix=@prefix@
exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
libdir=@libdir@
includedir=@includedir@
(I missed the following data four lines)
-> freetypelibs=@FREETYPE_LIBS@
-> freetypecflags=@FREETYPE_CFLAGS@
-> xrenderlibs=@XRENDER_LIBS@
-> xrendercflags=@XRENDER_CFLAGS@

Name: Xft
Version: @VERSION@
Requires: fontconfig
Libs: -L${libdir} -lXft -lX11 ${freetypelibs} ${xrenderlibs}
Cflags: -I${includedir} ${freetypecflags} ${xrendercflags}

Thanks for any help,
Lutz

For some detail information see,
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12514