[Fontconfig] Can we get fonts as sharp as Windows?

Charles A. Landemaine landemaine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 04:06:58 PST 2007

I was comparing my fonts in Unix with those of Windows. I can't have
fonts as sharp as Windows. Here's the difference:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7598/fontsfj5.png

The one on top is Trebuchet MS in Windows and the one at the bottom is
the same font in Unix. Is it a fontconfig problem of a freetype
problem?  I'm using antialiasing, obviously.

It seems that pixels that generate the round effects are grey (for
Unix), while they are colorful (for Windows).

How can I solve it?
Thanks,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.