[Fontconfig] Re: Can we get fonts as sharp as Windows?

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Wed Feb 14 15:27:48 PST 2007

"Charles A. Landemaine" <landemaine at gmail.com> さんは書きました:

>> You may need to recompile your freetype2 and enable subpixel hinting.
>> Subpixel hinting is what makes the colours you see in your
>> screen shot.
>> It not compiled in by default because there may be patent problems.
>
> Thanks Fabian, yes, I have freetype compiled with BCI and subpixel
> hinting is turnt on

BCI (byte code interpreter) is not the same as subpixel hinting.

If you don't have subpixel hinting compiled in, you cannot
get the coloured rendering.

subpixel hinting is not compiled in by default anymore since
freetype 2.3.0. Which version of freetype are you using?

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。