[Fontconfig] Re: Can we get fonts as sharp as Windows?

Charles A. Landemaine landemaine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 03:01:25 PST 2007

Thanks Mike, yes, I have color pixels to create rounded corners now, I
recompiled Freetype2 actually but I see that if I remove this snippet,
I still have subpixel hinting. Strange. The only way to disable it is
to unset antialiasing. Is it possible that Freetype has subpixel
hinting by default when you use antialiasing? I checked out in
fonts.conf, local.conf and ~/.confs.conf, none of these files have a
declaration for rgb anymore, but it's still working. Any idea?

--
Charles A. Landemaine.