[Fontconfig] fonts look different ...

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Mon Jan 29 07:30:22 PST 2007

Hello all:

I have a problem that might be related to the fontconfig
system.  I have a SUSE 10.1 and a SUSE 10.2 installation on
the same hardware (on different partitions).  I also have
installed the same version of NVIDIA drivers.  I've set the
display resolution to the same as well (96 DPI).  Despite of this
the Arial font looks different on the two systems. The
differences between SUSE 10.1 and 10.2 that might be related
to this are:
xorg-x11 - different versions
fontconfig packages - different versions
10.1 has fontconfig-2.3.94-18.4,
10.2 has fontconfig-2.4.1-19.

Please help me how I could trace why the same fonts look
different and how to mek them look the same.

I attach two images that show how the fonts look on 10.1 and
10.2.

Thanks in advance,
Istvan Gabor

Új év - új állás? Mérnöki, értékesítői, asszisztensi,
pénzügyi és IT állások a Jobline.hu-n!
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,135079,205796/click.prm