[Fontconfig] language coverage

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Nov 11 20:44:01 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 22:36 -0500, Qianqian Fang wrote:

> I am wondering if fontconfig does additional check to
> comparing to fc-lang data, and if there is a way to tell
> which code points are missing?

Yes, ttf fonts have some OS/2 table bits that indicate which Han
languages they are designed to support; your font likely indicates that
it supports Chinese, so fontconfig elides the Japanese language from the
supported list, even though the font completely covers the Unicode
codepoints required by Japanese.

keith.packard at intel.com