[Fontconfig] getting started

Boncek, John jboncek at hunter.com
Thu Sep 6 15:02:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to set up fontconfig for internationalization in
a GTK 2.10.2 system with pango on Linux.   I have an older GTK system
using pangox.aliases and will need to set up a fontconfig system to
achieve more-or-less the same results.

I have read the User's Manual at
http://fontconfig.org/fontconfig-user.html.  That's more a reference
manual that a tutorial.  What else can I use to get acquainted with the
overall operation of fontconfig from a user's perspective?  (Some older
posts in this list refer to a FAQ but I can't find one on the site.  If
you could point me to that it would also help.)

Thanks for your attention.

John Boncek