[Fontconfig] Forcing Artificial Italics on Fonts That *DO* Have One Available?
behdad at behdad.org
Mon Aug 4 21:22:01 PDT 2008
On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 20:06 -0500, Erik wrote:
> But, the end effect is to do double italics, i.e. it slants it twice.
This is because the italic face has already been selected.
> Does anybody have an idea on how to force it to first select the regular
> font, then apply artificial slanting to it?
I have a couple of ideas:
- Ban all Italic fonts so fontconfig does not see them at all. (may
use target=scan for this, not sure).
- This one should be easier:
* In target=pattern, copy the slant value to a temp variable (say,
* In target=pattern reset slant to roman,
* In target=font, use saved_slant to decide whether to do artificial
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
More information about the Fontconfig