[Fontconfig] acceptfont element

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Fri Jan 18 15:09:51 PST 2008

Hi,

Writing an utility application to help in managing user fonts, I had some
difficulties when trying to use some of fontconfig features.
It’s about the version 2.4.2 that comes with OpenSuse 10.3.

Here is an excerpt of my ~/.fonts.conf
<dir>/home/pierre/fontes/DONTUSE_/emigre</dir>
<selectfont>
    <rejectfont>
        <glob>/home/pierre/fontes/DONTUSE_/emigre/*</glob>
    </rejectfont>
    <acceptfont>
        <pattern>
            <patelt name="file" >
<string>/home/pierre/fontes/DONTUSE_/emigre/ARBITRAB.PFB</string>
            </patelt>
        </pattern>
    </acceptfont>
</selectfont>

What I expected from this was to "activate" only ARBITRAB.PFB among all what’s
contained in /home/pierre/fontes/DONTUSE_/emigre/ directory.
"dir" directive works.
"rejectfont" works.
"acceptfont" does not, and after trying & trying, I come to you asking for the
correct way to achieve this. When I say "it doesn’t work", I mean the font is
not listed in fc-list output after an fc-cache invocation.

Thanks in advance

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.fontmatrix.net