[Fontconfig] (no subject)

Atul Mehrotra urs_buddy7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 00:42:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a fontconfig cache issue. On my embedded device i
have linux & i do a nfs-mount of a file system which has valid
generated fontconfig cache in usr/local/var/cache/fontconfigby
compiling fontconfig . And then when i try to run any gtk app like
gtk-demo it eventually  get  stuck in  doing font matching  stuff.
If stuck then i had to run fc-cache  again & then the apps run ok then.

From
some mailing lists i came to know that  this is a nfs-mount issue
because the time stamp of directory in which previously generated cache
files are is modified but the cache files have old time stamp so those
cache files gets invalidated.

I want to reduce this wait time
(which sometimes is of 5-7 mins) . So i want fontconfig to use the same
cache files which gets imported when i originally do nfs-mount. Is
there any way by which i can make font config to stop invalidating
those cache files & keep on using them.

Thanks,

Atul Mehrotra