[Fontconfig] Nimbus Sans L Condensed

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Mar 4 07:49:55 PST 2008

On 2008/03/03 22:50 (GMT-0500) Bob Tennent apparently typed:

> This seems to be the only condensed sans font that one can expect
> to find on every Linux system. Can one specify it in a web page css
> font-family, ideally without requiring any changes to the default
> configuration for fontconfig?

I just tried fc-match 'nimbus sans l condensed' in Hardy, Etch, SUSE 10.2,
FC8, SUSE 10.3, Knoppix 4.0.2, and Mandriva 2008.0. The only match I got was
on Mandriva. Similar results on
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Font/font-nimbsansc.html .OTOH, I got multiple
hits on DejaVu Sans Condensed
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/Font/font-dejasansc.html . What systems did you
test on that makes you think this font is installed "on every Linux system"?
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409