[Fontconfig] fc-cache.patch

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Feb 6 09:50:22 PST 2009

Mike FABIAN wrote:

> Something which canonicalizes pathnames would be nice though, if
> realpath() cannot be used, is there another way to do it?
> Currently fontconfig distinguishes even between directory names
> like /foo/bar and /foo/bar/ and /foo//bar although they
> are all the same:

In my tree the are all considered the same already:

commit 26a496c95a72930b122c544a25af0c33de041c68
Author: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>
Date:   Tue Aug 12 15:10:04 2008 -0400

    When canonizing filenames, squash // and remove final / (#bug 16286)

    The fact that we now drop final slashes from all filenames without
    checking that the file name represents a directory may surprise some,
    but it doesn't bother me really.

> Probably I kept this fc-cache.patch (but commented out
> in the fontconfig.spec file) to remind me that it would
> be nice to canonicalize pathnames.

Well, just file a bug right away and you don't have to keep reminder files
around :).

behdad