[Fontconfig] Expat Support

Matt Cupp cuppmatt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:42:03 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to port Fontconfig to an embedded system (the Wii via
DevkitPro).  I am having lots of difficulty porting libxml2, so I did
searching and found that Fontconfig used to use Expat.  According to what I
could find by searching through the mailing list and stuff and "./configure
--help", Expat should still be supported.  I tried adding the option
--disable-libxml2 (as described in the configure help) but configure still
stops after looking for libxml2 saying it wasn't found.

So does anyone know if Expat is still supported?  Or know how hard it would
be to reenable it?  Or have any other suggestions as to what I could do?  My
ultimate goal would be to port Cairo to the Wii with FreeType support (hence
requiring FontConfig).

Thanks,
Matt