[Fontconfig] Problems with fc-arch

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Nov 21 15:02:51 PST 2009

>>>>> "N" == Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> writes:

Most of these suggestions are spot on, but:

N> 3. please consider moving the built-in fontconfig files from
N>    /etc/conf.avail to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail as per FHS

I'm not convinced that they should move; they are end-user editable
config files, symlinks from /etc to /usr are not always welcome,
keeping one's /etc/fonts in a scm works better, (and I've managed
to forget the other argument or two I wanted to make.)

I think Keith was right to put all of the fontconfig configuration
together in /etc/fonts.

N> 4. please consider installing the fontconfig DTD in /usr/share/xml
N>    as per FHS (and register it in system xml catalogs)

If so, please do this in addition to /etc/fonts/fonts.dtd, not instead of.

-JimC