[Fontconfig] Marking glyphs as deliberately blank, per font

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 26 10:48:37 PST 2009

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2009 à 19:44 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

> To sum up, and from a pure fontconfig user POW (I don't want to know
> how the code looks like), I think you could solve many user pains by
> making it possible to use

>  <family>some family name</family>
>  <format>some font format name</format>
>  <unicode>
>    <min>some-unicode-value</min>
>    <max>some-greater-unicode-value</max>
>  <unicode>
>  <lang>some fontconfig orth id</lang>

And it would probably useful to add a <file/> selector that permits to
specify a specific file on the filesystem. Unfortunately sometimes you
get font files that claim the wrong font family, and it impossible right
now to write fontconfig rules that apply to those particular files
without having side-effects on other files that rightly claim this font
family.

--
Nicolas Mailhot