[Fontconfig] Marking glyphs as deliberately blank, per font

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 26 16:21:33 PST 2009

Le vendredi 27 novembre 2009 à 01:10 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

>   <!-- (optional) what the apps should display: only a font with those
> fake characteristics, only the bits we used to compose it, or both.
> This
> part is useful for remapping, merging and creating fake generics -->
>   <fake display="fake/constituants/both">
>   </fake>

The "display" attribute is a bad idea (should have known it's the only
attribute in this mail)

1. if you create a fake you always want to display it
2. if you want to hide a font from applications it's probably better to
declare it explicitely

<!-- hidden font or font sub-part, only accessible by apps if it's been
used in a prefer list, never displayed on font lists, never resolved
directly -->
<hide>
</hide>

--