[Fontconfig] How to make Arial support Vietnamese?

Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy pclouds at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 01:14:44 PDT 2009

On 9/24/09, Qianqian Fang <fangq at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I don't think it is that bad when dealing with CJKV languages.
>  You can find an example in the attachment from this link
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=499902
>  such as this one
>  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=343148
>  you can even merge multiple edit blocks, or change binding
>  from same to "strong" (or prepend to prepend_first)
>    <match>
>        <test name="lang" compare="contains">
>            <string>zh</string>
>        </test>
>        <test name="family">
>            <string>sans-serif</string>
>        </test>
>        <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="strong">
>            <string>DejaVu Sans</string>
>            <string>Bitstream Vera Sans</string>
>            <string>WenQuanYi Bitmap Song</string>
>            <string>WenQuanYi Micro Hei</string>
>            <string>WenQuanYi Zen Hei</string>
>            <string>AR PL UMing CN</string>
>        </edit>
>    </match>

That would work for me if I removed lang test (of course I tested
against vi, not zh).

                <test name="family">
                <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="strong">

More information about the Fontconfig mailing list