[Fontconfig] Debug helpers? or FC_DEBUG parser?

Robert Siemer Robert.Siemer at backsla.sh
Fri Jan 8 10:06:04 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

fontconfig debugging is a nightmare: Did somebody by chance write a
script that mangles the output of FC_DEBUG enabled programs?

The new output could be something like:

REQUEST: <fontconfig-pattern>
  edit: family+=...
  edit: ...
RESULT: ...
  result edit: ...
FINAL: ...

...and so on...

I need a good base to hack something on for my needs.

Or does somebody have a good method to isolate what an application is
actually asking for and what font it is actually using? It took me
already ages to find out which font the firefox-flash-plugin was using
for some sans-serif Chinese characters. And I know need to copy that
behavior on my new system. For that, I want to see if the font request
is the same, and why the result is different.

Robert