[Fontconfig] Debug helpers? or FC_DEBUG parser?

Krzysztof Kotlenga pocek at users.sf.net
Thu Jan 14 05:10:41 PST 2010

Robert Siemer wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> fontconfig debugging is a nightmare: Did somebody by chance write a
> script that mangles the output of FC_DEBUG enabled programs?
>
> The new output could be something like:
>
> REQUEST: <fontconfig-pattern>
>   edit: family+=...
>   edit: ...
> RESULT: ...
>   result edit: ...
> FINAL: ...
>
> ...and so on...

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but anyway here's my lame
attempt to filter for
request -> result (font families)

You run in like this:
$ FC_DEBUG=1 some_app | ./fcdebug1.py

Beware, it's not very sophisticated... :-)
Please keep us posted if you create something better!

--
"Thou shalt not follow the Null Pointer, for at its end Chaos and
Madness lie."